Scorpions

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 31/7/2008, 17:07

"Un sogno per alcuni, un incubo per altri"

Group:
Administrator

Second Supper recently conducted an interview with SCORPIONS guitarist Rudolf Schenker. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow.

Second Supper: On your past albums, the SCORPIONS have drawn controversy for cover art such as "Virgin Killer". Do you believe such art would be acceptable on new albums today? How have artistic standards in rock changed since you started out?

Schenker: "'Virgin Killer' was an idea of the record company. The company guy came up and said, 'Even if I have to go to jail, I will do it.' As a German band, the journalists never went through the lyrics. We came up with 'Virgin Killer', and had the song, and the album cover, and the journalists said we can't do that. We told them to go to the album and listen to the lyrics. The 'Virgin Killer' is time. We wouldn't do that today. It's too far away from what the SCORPIONS are. What we liked very much was album sleeves like 'Lovedrive', which was pure rock 'n' roll. Also, the days of vinyl with the big album sleeve was the time when you could really see this piece of art on the cover. With the sales of CDs going down and people downloading, this part of what we had is gone. Today people don't want to listen to the whole album anymore."

Second Supper: Are artists tied down by this lack of emphasis on albums?

Schenker: "Of course. It's not so deep anymore. The record companies don't have the money to support bands that make experiments. You go to a record company, you have to have a hit with the first album, or you can go. There is no chance to build up a band like PINK FLOYD or GENESIS or LED ZEPPELIN. So they're not thinking too deeply. It's not good, but maybe times will change again."

Second Supper: The SCORPIONS have certainly been a career-building band. What's next in your career?

Schenker: "We're still watching the world. We want to be a part of this revolution. By traveling around the world we can see things coming up, warning us, and trying to put it into music. We're still on the road with 'Humanity Hour 1', and then we'll see what we'll do recording-wise. It's more important that we go on tour — more important than it was 20 years ago. We can see how much young kids enjoy live concerts. You can't download [the experience of] live concerts. We have a great chemistry and friendship in the band, and when we have an idea we put it on tape and bring out a new album."

Read the entire interview at www.secondsupper.com.

view post Posted on 23/8/2008, 09:55

Group:
Administrator

German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS held a press conference yesterday (Thursday, August 21) prior to their concert at Parkorman in Istanbul, Turkey. A couple of excerpts follow (as reported by Today's Zaman).

On the band's 2007 release "Humanity - Hour 1", which is a concept album in which all the songs are "connected to each other under the theme of humanity":

Klaus Meine (vocals): "The legendary song writer and producer Desmond Child introduced the idea to us. We wanted to make a new album with the band that is more mature and not so much songs where girls are chasing boys or boys are chasing girls. Something deep. This is a time to turn back around to find the road to humanity, to find love and respect for each other in this world. It is one thing to play 'Rock You Like a Hurricane' and to have fun. [There's] nothing wrong with that, but there is so much more to it. So many parts of the world where we played, we had the feeling that music can build bridges and make connections with people."

On whether they really believe music can change the world:

Klaus Meine: "When we watch the news every night on the TV, that is reality. In the world of music, we live in the world of emotions. Music can create a feeling, and so what we try to do is to send out positive vibes in the world. We hope through music we can change, but a song cannot change the world. It is not a rock revolution anymore, those days are over. It is not the '60s anymore."

On Internet file-sharing and music piracy

Matthias Jabs (guitar): "Obviously the technology is this advanced. So you have to live with what there is. Once something is free, people don't understand why they have to pay for it again, which I can understand also. But in the end, you are destroying the basis for the artist to make music."

On how they managed to remain together as a band for so many years:

Rudolf Schenker (guitar): "We have a great life, a great chemistry in the band. We are enjoying what we are doing and people enjoy what we are doing. Because of the computer age everybody has the chance to listen to our music. We have received very good criticism around the world with our latest album. So here we are."

view post Posted on 11/7/2009, 12:57

Group:
Administrator

Il chitarrista degli SCORPIONS, Rudolf Schenker, presto pubblicherà la sua autobiografia in tedesco il 14 ottobre, seguirà una versione anche in inglese. Il titolo dell'autobiografia sarà "Rock Your Life". Di recente gli SCORPIONS hanno allungato il contratto che li tiene legati alla Ariola Records, che fa parte della Sony BMG Music Entertainment. Riguardo al nuovo album, la band ha giàà registrato sei brani negli Rudolf Schenker's Studio e l'uscita è prevista non prima del 2010.

view post Posted on 3/9/2009, 12:53

Group:
Administrator

Di seguito un estratto dell'ultimo comunicato diffuso dagli SCORPIONS sul loro sito ufficiale:

"Cari fan, gli ultimi mesi on the road sono volati e come sempre è stato fantastico suonare per voi. Ora siamo tornati nel nostro studio di Hannover con i nostri produttori svedesi Mikael 'Nord' Andersson e Martin Hansen per lavorare al nuovo album. [...] Se tutto va secondo i piani, il nuovo album uscirà nella primavera 2010. E c'è altro, a ottobre uscirà il nostro live DVD, "Amazonia –Life in the Jungle!"

view post Posted on 17/10/2009, 17:06

Group:
Administrator

I tedeschi SCORPIONS sono da poco in studio con il produttore Mikael "Nord" Andersson and Martin Hansen (che si è occupato dell'album dei THE RASMUS' "Dead Letters") per registrare il nuovo album che dovrebbe uscire nei primi mesi del 2010.

"Stiamo al lavoro su dodici canzoni al momento - ha dichiarato il chitarrista Mathias Jabs - dell'ottimo materiale, definitivamente molto Scorpion sia nel suono che nell'attitudine, molto anni '80".

Kleyos
view post Posted on 13/11/2009, 19:04

Gli SCORPIONS hanno annunciato che nel 2010 inizieranno un tour mondiale che li terrà lontani da casa per due anni. A Gennaio verrà indetta una conferenza stampa per i dettagli delle date.

Fonte: Metalitalia.com

HeavyMezza89
view post Posted on 14/11/2009, 08:02

wow!

view post Posted on 23/11/2009, 09:56

Group:
Administrator

I tedeschi SCORPIONS hanno scelto "Sting In The Tail" come titolo del loro nuovo disco, che dovrebbe uscire attorno a marzo del prossimo anno. La band è in studio ad Hannover insieme ai produttori Mikael "Nord" Andersson e Martin Hansen (THE RASMUS).

Il chitarrista della band Mathias Jabs ha dichiarato: ”Stiamo lavorando su dodici nuovi pezzi. Il materiale è davvero ottimo! Il sound e l’attitudine dei pezzi sono tipicamente Scorpions, ci avviciniamo alle sonorità dei primi anni ottanta.”

HeavyMezza89
view post Posted on 23/11/2009, 10:42

speriamo nn sia una delusione

view post Posted on 25/1/2010, 10:03

Group:
Administrator

Gli SCORPIONS hanno rilasciato la seguente dichiarazione:

"Un messaggio importante per i nostri fan:

E' sempre stato un nostro piacere, il nostro scopo di vita, la nostra passione e siamo stati fortunati a poter fare musica per voi, sia che fosse dal vivo sul palco che in studio scrivendo nuovi pezzi.

Negli scorsi mesi, mentre stavamo lavorando al nuovo album ("Sting In The Tail", ndr), abbiamo potuto letteralmente sentire quanto potente e creativo fosse il nostro lavoro e quanto divertimento ancora ci fosse nel corso delle lavorazioni. Ma c'era anche di più: vogliamo chiudere la straordinaria carriera degli SCORPIONS alla grande.

Siamo estremamente grati del fatto che abbiamo ancora la stessa passione per la musica che avevamo all'inizio. Questo è il motivo per cui, soprattutto ora, sentiamo di essere giunti alla fine del cammino. Chiudiamo la carriera con un album che crediamo sia uno dei migliori da noi registrati e con un tour che partirà dalla Germania e ci porterà in giro per i cinque continenti nel corso dei prossimi anni.

Vogliamo che siate voi, i nostri fan, a sapere questo per primi.

Grazie per il vostro supporto nel corso di tutti questi anni.

Abbiamo caricato per voi i primi estratti dal nuovo album a questo indirizzo. E ora, che la festa abbia inizio per "Sting In The Tail".

view post Posted on 28/1/2010, 09:46

Group:
Administrator

Ecco quanto ha dichiarato il chitarrista degli SCORPIONS, Rudolf Schenker, a Noisecreep circa la decisione di sciogliere la band dopo la pubblicazione del nuovo album "Sting In The Tail" e relativo tour mondiale:

"Ci trovavamo in studio dopo aver finito di registrare i brani di "Sting In The Tail" e ci siamo accorti di una cosa. I pezzi, ascoltati tutti assieme, suonano come un classico album degli SCORPIONS degli anni '80. Sembra una combinazione tra "Lovedrive" e "Crazy World". I pezzi hanno quella atmosfera e quello spirito. Al nostro manager è dunque venuta l'idea di terminare alla grande la carriera della band con questo album. All'inizio credevamo stesse scherzando, ma poi ci siamo resi conto che era assolutamente serio. E alla fine aveva ragione".

view post Posted on 5/2/2010, 12:33

Group:
Administrator

Tarja Turnen (ex- NIGHTWISH) apparirà come ospite nella canzone "The Good Die Young". La canzone farà parte del prossimo disco degli SCORPIONS, "Sting In The Tail"che uscirà in America il 23 marzo via Universal Music Enterprise

view post Posted on 6/2/2010, 16:02

Group:
Administrator

I tedeschi SCORPIONS pubblicheranno il loro ultimo album, intitolato 'Sting In The Tail', a marzo su Universal Music Enterprises. Il CD è stato registrato ad Hannover, in Germania con i produttori svedesi Mikael "Nord" Andersson e Martin Hansen (il team che ha lavorato sull'album 'Dead Letters' dei THE RASMUS).

Questa la tracklist di 'Sting In The Tail':

01. Raised On Rock (3:57)
02. Sting In The Tail (3:12)
03. Slave Me (2:44)
04. The Good Die Young (feat. Tarja Turunen) (5:14)
05. No Limit (3:24)
06. Rock Zone (3:17)
07. Lorelei (4:31)
08. Turn You On (4:25)
09. Let's Rock (3:21)
10. SLY (5:15)
11. Spirit Of Rock (3:43)
12. The Best Is Yet To Come (4:34)

Dopo l'uscita dell'album ed un mostruoso tour di tre anni, che porterà gli SCORPIONS su tutti i cinque continenti, la band dichiarerà la fine della propria carriera.

view post Posted on 11/4/2011, 11:10

Group:
Administrator

Il bassista degli SCORPIONS, Pawel Maciwoda, ha dichiarato in un'intervista con la tv polacca Good Morning TVN che la band entrerà in studio in autunno per riregistrare una serie di suoi classici. La raccolta dovrebbe uscire prima della fine del 2011.

view post Posted on 4/10/2011, 18:02

Group:
Administrator

I veterani SCORPIONS stanno per rilasciare “Comeblack”, compilation di versioni riregistrate di vecchi classici della band. Il disco è in uscita il 4 Novembre, sotto la major Sony.

Un sample contenente la versione francese della re-registrazione del classico dell’84 “Still Loving You”, che mostra anche un duetto con la cantante francesce Amandiner Bourgeois, è disponibile in streaming sul sito di Charts In France.

La traccia apparirà tra l’altro esclusivamente sulla versione francesce di “Comeblack”.

16 replies since 31/7/2008, 17:07   124 views