Motley Crue

« Older   Newer »
Carbonized
view post Posted on 7/7/2008, 20:57

Qualitativamente parlando, i gruppi glam dell'epoca per me sono tutti della stessa risma.

Tornando in tema, ieri sono incappato nel clip promozionale del primo singolo estratto dal nuovo disco dei Crue. 3/4 di pezzo dovevano essere già passati, ma l'impressione di non essermi perso nulla di epocale è stata dominante.

kullthevalusian
view post Posted on 7/7/2008, 20:59

Hmmmm...

...questo conferma i miei sospetti che non gli sia riuscito di estrarre dal cilindo "Dr. Feelgood Part II"...

Kull.

Carbonized
view post Posted on 7/7/2008, 21:02

Direi proprio di no, ma c'era d'aspettarselo.

HeavyMezza89
view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 07:24

tra Wasp e Motley c'è un abisso o forse due...ovviamente a favore degli Wasp

view post Posted on 16/7/2008, 09:15

"Un sogno per alcuni, un incubo per altri"

Group:
Administrator

Da Metallus, recensione dell'ultimo dei Motley, "Saints of Los Angeles", che prende un onesto 7,5...

“Questa città di angeli di plastica vi sedurrà. Benvenuti a Los Angeles”. Si conclude così l’introduzione recitata di questo disco, sicuramente uno dei più attesi dell’anno in corso, sul quale si sono depositate le aspettative di una serie di fan irriducibili, ancora fiduciosi che i (per molti) passi falsi degli ultimi anni dei Motley Crue fossero solo degli incidenti di percorso, e che l’ambientazione così vicina a loro sarebbe stata un buon punto di partenza. Per fortuna è andata proprio così. Si sapeva che questo album sarebbe stato una rivisitazione, in chiave musicale, di alcuni capitoli e avvenimenti narrati nell’ormai conosciutissimo libro “The Dirt”, dove i Motley si raccontano, alternando descrizioni completamente folli a sporadici momenti di riflessone. Ecco, forse non siamo ripiombati esattamente nell’atmosfera rovente alla “Dr. Feelgood”, ma ci manca poco, e a parte qualche mezzo passo falso come “MF Of The Year” (dove MF indica, una parola a caso, “motherfucker”), che comunque lascia perplessi ai primi ascolti e poi può essere rivalutata, il livello generale è notevole. È sicuramente appropriata la scelta della title track come singolo apripista, in quanto risulta essere uno dei brani maggiormente fedeli allo stile ottantiano della band, e in generale non ci sono particolari concessioni al passato, anche se naturalmente la produzione è ben diversa da quella di venti anni fa. Anche la triade composta da “Face Down In The Dirt”, “What’s It Gonna Take” e “Down At The Whisky”, brani infarciti di citazioni di posti segnati dal mito per noi poveri provinciali che non siamo mai stati in California, trasudanti hard rock dal profondo e dal ritmo perennemente sostenuto come un surf che cavalca un’onda, sono un bell’esempio di come i Crue siano in un particolare momento di grazia. Per chi poi non ne avesse ancora abbastanza non resta che ascoltare la divertente “Chicks = Trouble” per avere ulteriore conferma del fatto che la filosofia descritta in “The Dirt” è ancora ben presente nella mente dei quattro. Se invece aveste voglia di un momento di pausa, non c’è niente di meglio di “Animal In Me”, non una ballad nel senso stretto della parola, ma comunque un mid tempo dalle sfumature malinconiche che fa la sua degna figura in mezzo a questo regime di depravati.
È forse eccessivo parlare di rinascita dei Motley Crue, perché comunque il peso degli anni un minimo deve essere avvertito, ma l’impressione che si ha è che la band sia riuscita a rinnovarsi a livello di sonorità, dopo un periodo di incertezze, cambi di line-up e tutto il resto, pur mantenendosi coerenti con lo stile che li ha caratterizzati da sempre. Vince Neil e compagni, in definitiva, sono riusciti a realizzare un piccolo miracolo, ed è valsa la pena dovere aspettare così tanto tempo per provare la soddisfazione di un album così, uscito in estate per accompagnare idealmente le scorribande estive e per illuminare idealmente il prossimo inverno, perché è difficile staccarsi da questi angeli di plastica una volta che li si conosce. E adesso, tutti a fare un giro su Sunset Strip.

kullthevalusian
view post Posted on 16/7/2008, 09:48

Chiamatemi cinico, ma leggendo la review mi sembra chiaro che nel disco la smania di autocelebrazione sia preponderante,

Kull.

Carbonized
view post Posted on 18/7/2008, 00:01

Io, più che di auto celebrazione, parlerei di perpetuo sventolamento che il gruppo ha sempre dimostrato nel corso della propria carriera per altro in maniera del tutto coerente con la scena di cui facevano parte che aveva la stessa valenza delle boy band nate un decennio più tardi.
Guarda caso, infatti, il nuovo album non è altro che una valida summa di rockettino tagliato su misura per piacere ai nuovi appassionati di glam (Scandinavia in testa).

view post Posted on 29/7/2008, 09:32

Group:
Administrator

Larry Rodgers of The Arizona Republic recently conducted an interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow.

The Arizona Republic: You seem to have as much energy as ever onstage.

Neil: Playing live, you feed off the audience. You just out there and rock . I don't feel any older when I'm onstage. We could be playing Whisky A Go Go, for all I know.

The Arizona Republic: Has the recording process changed through the years?

Neil: With technology these days, you don't really go to a recording studio and sit around like you see in the movies. This record, I never even saw the guys in the band. I did all my vocals at the producer's house.

The Arizona Republic: THE ROLLING STONES once did that when they weren't getting along. Should we read anything into this with MÖTLEY CRÜE?

Neil: No, not all. It's just easier. We all travel on separate buses because we can afford it. People like to read stuff into it. You make your life easy and make the things you have to do enjoyable.

The Arizona Republic: You left the band twice but always returned. Is it similar to working on a marriage or relationship?

Neil: That's why a lot of bands don't make it. Once they hit a bump in the road, they quit. We took some time off from each other at one point — but MÖTLEY CRÜE isn't MÖTLEY CRÜE without the four of us.

The Arizona Republic: Back in the band's wildest days, did you ever look at yourself in the mirror and say, "I'm pushing things too hard?"

Neil: I tried to be sober back then, but it was tough because there was no support system. After I got into the accident in '84 (which left a passenger in Neil's car dead) and I did some jail time, I was ordered by the court to be sober. . . . You have to stop when you want to stop, and back then, I didn't want to stop. I wasn't ever really a drug guy; I just like to drink.

The Arizona Republic: What is the key to being a rock front man who lasts for decades?

Neil: You have to really enjoy what you're doing and try to deliver the songs to the people out there the way they want to hear it. I try to stay as close to the records as possible because I hate going to see a singer who sings it differently. It drives me crazy.

view post Posted on 30/7/2008, 18:39

Group:
Administrator

According to a posting on MÖTLEY CRÜE's official web site, the band will "make a very special announcement" on Thursday, July 31 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) at Guitar Center (7425 W. Sunset Blvd.) in Los Angeles, California.

As previously reported, MÖTLEY CRÜE will perform in a live global concert on Friday, August 1, 2008, from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The groundbreaking event will be available live online, free of charge, compliments of DeepRockDrive.com and MÖTLEY CRÜE, to anyone with broadband Internet access.

The August 1 event is DeepRockDrive's official launch of a series of partnerships with industry-leading venues to bring live performances to global audiences via the Internet. Fans that previously would be unable to attend performances will now have instant digital access to their favorite artists from the convenience of their own homes.

MÖTLEY CRÜE hits the stage August 1 at 9:30 p.m. PST. As with any concert, tickets are limited so reserve your seat today! Fans can pick up their free ticket now at www.deeprockdrive.com.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's new album, "Saints of Los Angeles", has sold 174,000 copies in the United States since its June 24 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD is MÖTLEY CRÜE's first studio album since 2000's "New Tattoo", which has sold a little over 200,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The band's last studio effort with all of its original members was 1997's "Generation Swine", which debuted and peaked at No. 4 on The Billboard 200, and has sold more than 300,000 units.

"Saints of Los Angeles" is loosely based on the band's memoir, "The Dirt", which was published in 2001.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's "Crüe Fest" kicked off on July 1 in West Palm Beach, Florida and will hit 40 cities before wrapping up in late August.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's most recent tour in 2005/2006 grossed $46.3 million and drew more than 960,000 people to 125 concerts, according to Billboard Boxscore.

view post Posted on 31/7/2008, 16:59

Group:
Administrator

According to Gigwise.com, MÖTLEY CRÜE will have an official day named after it by the City of Los Angeles' mayor's office.

From now on, July 31 will be known as "Mötley Crüe Saints of Los Angeles Day" in honor of the band's new album.

The group will attend a presentation ceremony today at Guitar Center (7425 W. Sunset Blvd.) in Los Angeles, where they'll also launch a new initiative for rock fans.

The ceremony will begin at 12:00 p.m. PST.

As previously reported, MÖTLEY CRÜE will perform in a live global concert on Friday, August 1, 2008, from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The groundbreaking event will be available live online, free of charge, compliments of DeepRockDrive.com and MÖTLEY CRÜE, to anyone with broadband Internet access.

The August 1 event is DeepRockDrive's official launch of a series of partnerships with industry-leading venues to bring live performances to global audiences via the Internet. Fans that previously would be unable to attend performances will now have instant digital access to their favorite artists from the convenience of their own homes.

MÖTLEY CRÜE hits the stage August 1 at 9:30 p.m. PST. As with any concert, tickets are limited so reserve your seat today! Fans can pick up their free ticket now at www.deeprockdrive.com.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's new album, "Saints of Los Angeles", has sold 174,000 copies in the United States since its June 24 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD is MÖTLEY CRÜE's first studio album since 2000's "New Tattoo", which has sold a little over 200,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The band's last studio effort with all of its original members was 1997's "Generation Swine", which debuted and peaked at No. 4 on The Billboard 200, and has sold more than 300,000 units.

"Saints of Los Angeles" is loosely based on the band's memoir, "The Dirt", which was published in 2001.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's "Crüe Fest" kicked off on July 1 in West Palm Beach, Florida and will hit 40 cities before wrapping up in late August.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's most recent tour in 2005/2006 grossed $46.3 million and drew more than 960,000 people to 125 concerts, according to Billboard Boxscore.

view post Posted on 13/8/2008, 09:33

Group:
Administrator

"Tomorrow", the new video from SIXX: A.M. — which features MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, James Michael and DJ Ashba (ex-BEAUTIFUL CREATURES) — can be viewed below.

SIXX: A.M. made its live debut in July 2007 following a press conference to promote Sixx's new book and accompanying soundtrack, "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star". Highlights from the press conference can be seen at this location.

Released last September via MTV/VH1 Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, "The Heroin Diaries" offers an unflinching and utterly gripping look at Sixx's descent into drug addiction. The book is a tell-all, drawn from Nikki's 1986 and '87 journals.

Sixx found the diaries in storage and spent years compiling them for the book. He said he sees them more as a commentary on the record business than as a portrait of a lurid rock 'n' roll lifestyle.

The SIXX: A.M. album, which serves as the "soundtrack" to Sixx's "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star" book, was released by Eleven Seven Music and distributed by ADA, with a portion of proceeds donated to Nikki's Running Wild in the Night, a fundraising initiative for Covenant House. The CD has sold 250,000 copies in the United States so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

view post Posted on 5/9/2008, 10:04

Group:
Administrator

MÖTLEY CRÜE will reissue its complete studio catalog on September 30, 2008 on Mötley Records/Eleven Seven Music (RED Distribution). The catalog includes eight chart-topping studio albums originally released between 1981 and 2000:

* "Too Fast For Love" (1981)
* "Shout at the Devil" (1983)
* "Theatre of Pain" (1985)
* "Girls, Girls, Girls" (1987)
* "Dr. Feelgood" (1989)
* "Mötley Crüe" (1994)
* "Generation Swine" (1997)
* "New Tattoo" (2000)

The band has sold over 80 million albums, 25 million in the U.S. alone, with six singles reaching the top 20 on the U.S. Billboard chart.

Also released on the same day will be 17 of the band's classic music videos which will be available for download online via all digital music stores.

The "uncensored" version of MÖTLEY CRÜE's video for the song "Mutherfucker of the Year" can be viewed below. The track comes off the group's new album, "Saints of Los Angeles", which has sold 212,000 copies in the United States since its June 24 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD is MÖTLEY CRÜE's first studio album since 2000's "New Tattoo", which has sold a little over 200,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The band's last studio effort with all of its original members was 1997's "Generation Swine", which debuted and peaked at No. 4 on The Billboard 200, and has sold more than 300,000 units.

According to Billboard, the 99,000 bow of "Saints" represented the biggest sales week for MÖTLEY CRÜE since Christmas week of 1991, when its hits package "Decade of Decadence" sold 121,000.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's "Crüe Fest" kicked off on July 1 in West Palm Beach, Florida and hit 40 cities before wrapping up on August 31.

MÖTLEY CRÜE's tour in 2005/2006 grossed $46.3 million and drew more than 960,000 people to 125 concerts, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Lios V. Kierkegaard
view post Posted on 5/9/2008, 14:07

La morale è sempre quella: sopra i 50 anni si vive di rendita.

kullthevalusian
view post Posted on 5/9/2008, 14:20

CITAZIONE (Charles Foster Kane @ 5/9/2008, 11:04)
since Christmas week of 1991, when its hits package "Decade of Decadence" sold 121,000.

Decade of Decadence UN PO' 'STA FUNCIA!!!!!!!!!

Quello dei Crue come best of fa davvero CAGARE, e contiene LA PIU' BRUTTA COVER DEI PISTOLS DI SEMPRE...

Ecco invece un grande DECENNIO DI DECADENZA!!!!!

Kull.

view post Posted on 10/9/2008, 09:36

Group:
Administrator

Ultimate-Guitar.com recently conducted an interview with MÖTLEY CRÜE guitarist Mick Mars. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: It's been a long time since the original MÖTLEY CRÜE were together in the studio writing and recording together since the "Generation Swine" album in 1997. What was the experience like this time with "Saints Of Los Angeles"? Was there a feeling-out period? Did you come in with guitar ideas?

Mick Mars: Mostly what we did was, I would come in with some riffs and things like that. We would record them, I would record them on ProTools because everybody was kind of doing their thing, you know? Like Tommy [Lee, drums] and Vince [Neil, vocals] already had their schedules already pre-planned so we had to kind of plan around that because they had already committed to doing that before. Doing what they needed to do, that is. And so what we did was, Nikki [Sixx, bass] and I would record some things, put them down on ProTools, cut 'em up, splice 'em together, put 'em together, however you want to call it. And had Tommy and Vince do their parts when they had time to do it. And it worked out pretty well.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: Didn't it feel a little disjointed?

Mick Mars: I like more like live off the floor kind of thing. But we didn't really have the choice but to do it this way this time and I think it turned out really, really well.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: You had been doing some writing on your own, Mick? Putting ideas down on ProTools and saving them for a rainy day kind of thing?

Mick Mars: Always, yeah. Because what's good for MÖTLEY is cool, but there's a lot of things that I write that's outside the realm of MÖTLEY, you know. Say, like I'll write some riffs and say, "Ah, you know what? This'll be a good thing for a band called EMERY." So, I wrote with them for a bit and I wrote with MACHINA and DMC, a lot of different people, because I like to do a lot of different styles of music. Not just one. That's the reason for MOTLEY but you know what I mean? But I like to express myself in different ways; not only as like a guitar player but as a songwriter as well.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: What is it that innately tells you, "This is a MÖTLEY CRÜE riff?" Of course it's going to be big and loud but some of these other bands you mentioned writing for are also big and loud.

Mick Mars: Umm, a MÖTLEY song is umm, I can feel them; I can pretty much tell right away. Umm, when I write a song for MÖTLEY CRÜE, about two-thirds of it is MÖTLEY and then I kind of put a part in that pieces it together, so you can hear the parts together. Usually that part gets re-written by Nikki and I and we'll put it together that way. Then I have another piece of song to take out and play around with, to do something else with it.

59 replies since 4/7/2008, 08:36   763 views