Queensryche, Revolution Calling

« Older   Newer »
Mr.Scary
view post Posted on 27/7/2008, 22:53

Il mio preferito è l'ep. Solidissimo HM americano, iniziatore di un genere.

Mik the Key
view post Posted on 27/7/2008, 23:23

CITAZIONE (vorph @ 25/7/2008, 14:59)
gruppo gigante....che ha prodotto album fondamentali come operation mindcrime,promise land.......un gruppo che chiunque deve conoscere!!!!

Definizione esatta!!! :) aggiungerei FONDAMENTALE!!!

Mr.Scary
view post Posted on 28/7/2008, 07:39

Sarebbe da avere, se si trovasse (anche se io l'avevo già vista a pochissimo, ma non la comprai) la Vhs live in tokyo del 1985 di supporto ai Dio. Show colossale.

view post Posted on 29/7/2008, 09:31

"Un sogno per alcuni, un incubo per altri"

Group:
Administrator

On Saturday, August 23, QUEENSRŸCHE will be invading the White River Amphitheatre — 35 miles southeast of Seattle — for what will be their first ever symphonic concert as part of local rock station KISW-FM's "Pain in the Grass" music festival.

It stands to reason that the band would be not only doing this near their hometown but for the station, itself, as KISW-FM helped propel the band to success just over two decades ago.

Twenty years and twenty million albums later, QUEENSRŸCHE — Geoff Tate, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson and Mike Stone — join forces again with the station to do something they've never done before... a one-time exclusive symphonic concert for their hometown fans.

Although it's yet to be determined, the selection of songs is expected to include hits and rarities from their vast catalog, including some of their collaborations with the late legendary composer, arranger and conductor Michael Kamen, who collaborated with such rock bands as PINK FLOYD, AEROSMITH and METALLICA, among others, in addition to QUEENSRŸCHE.

Rumor has it that the band will be hunkering down with renowned orchestral arranger/producer David Van DePitt (MARVIN GAYE's "What's Going On", Motown) on new orchestration on exclusive songs for this one-time event.

The 'RŸCHE should be in fine form as they will be returning from their summer long European tour which began in late May.

view post Posted on 25/8/2008, 09:23

Group:
Administrator

QUEENSRŸCHE performed with an orchestra (dubbed the "Empire Orchestra") for the first time ever last night (Saturday, August 23) at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Washington. The concert wwas part of Seattle station KISW 99.9 FM's Pain in the Grass 2008 event, also featuring SEETHER, SHINEDOWN, SEVENDUST, DROWNING POOL, JET BLACK STARE and EARSHOT.

QUEENSRŸCHE's setlist was as follows:

01. Best I Can
02. N M 156
03. Screaming In Digital
04. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
05. Breaking The Silence
06. I Don't Believe In Love
07. The Needle Lies
08. The Lady Wore Black
09. Real World
10. Suite Sister Mary
11. Anybody Listening?
12. Jet City Woman
13. Eyes Of A Stranger
14. Empire
15. Silent Lucidity

Lios V. Kierkegaard
view post Posted on 25/8/2008, 14:11

CITAZIONE (Charles Foster Kane @ 25/8/2008, 10:23)
QUEENSRŸCHE performed with an orchestra (dubbed the "Empire Orchestra") for the first time ever last night (Saturday, August 23) at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Washington. The concert wwas part of Seattle station KISW 99.9 FM's Pain in the Grass 2008 event, also featuring SEETHER, SHINEDOWN, SEVENDUST, DROWNING POOL, JET BLACK STARE and EARSHOT.

QUEENSRŸCHE's setlist was as follows:

01. Best I Can
02. N M 156
03. Screaming In Digital
04. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
05. Breaking The Silence
06. I Don't Believe In Love
07. The Needle Lies
08. The Lady Wore Black
09. Real World
10. Suite Sister Mary
11. Anybody Listening?
12. Jet City Woman
13. Eyes Of A Stranger
14. Empire
15. Silent Lucidity

cuiegwgnikvrhlusjtmfvzn3ytbiz7n3v56z

ev n3495

MERAVIGLIA.

view post Posted on 25/8/2008, 17:43

Group:
Administrator

According to The Breakdown Room, Jason Slater, the producer, engineer and songwriter of QUEENSRŸCHE's 2006 release "Operation: Mindcrime II", has confirmed that he is producing the band's as-yet-untitled next studio album. He also revealed that Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist/producer/engineer from 1998 to 2001) is engineering the record. Slater is quoted as saying, "The plan is that we'll [Kelly and Jason] mix it together, but who the fuck knows?! Everything always seems to change at the last second. I'm pretty happy with the way it's shaping up. The focus is on great songs that the band is proud of and the fans will like."

QUEENSRŸCHE performed with an orchestra (dubbed the "Empire Orchestra") for the first time ever Saturday night (August 23) at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Washington. The concert was part of Seattle station KISW 99.9 FM's Pain in the Grass 2008 event, also featuring SEETHER, SHINEDOWN, SEVENDUST, DROWNING POOL, JET BLACK STARE and EARSHOT.

Robert Williams of Metal-Rules.com conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE frontman Geoff Tate at the South Texas Rock Fest, which was held July 11-13 at the Javelina Harley-Davidson Festival grounds in San Antonio, Texas. Watch the chat below.

Geoff Tate will perform a series of exclusive solo shows in conjunction with his Insania wine collaboration with Walla Walla, Washington-based 3 Rivers Winery.

On Saturday, September 20, a special performance will take place at 3 Rivers Winery with two additional performances taking place the Friday before and the Sunday after at the Knitting Factory in Boise, Idaho and the Knitting Factory in Spokane, Washington, respectively.

The forthcoming September shows will mark his first solo performances since 2002 and it's likely that more promotional tour dates surrounding the official launch of the new red wine signature blend will be announced shortly.

view post Posted on 25/8/2008, 22:23

follow me if you can! FIERO LATITANTE della BRIGATA DI LEVANTE http://www.myspace.com/gianthe4louderstringsman

Group:
Utenti ufficiali

Ritengo i live con l'orchestra solo una buona idea, o almeno un buon tentativo di fare qualcosa di artistico.
Però alla fine questo tipo di show mi nausea alla terza canzone perchè sia l'architettura dello show stesso sia la necessità di coordinare tutti gli elementi dell'orchestra e della band secondo me fa perdere di spontaneità e genuinità del rock! Diventa tutto troppo "pre-costruito" per i miei gusti.
Vale loi stesso anche per i Metallica, i Kiss etc.....

view post Posted on 30/10/2008, 16:20

Group:
Administrator

I Queensryche stanno ultimando il loro nuovo album, intitolato "American Soldier", la cui pubblicazione è prevista per la prossima primavera. L'album sarà un concept, che esplorerà le guerre americane del Novecento, dalla Seconda Guerra Mondiale in poi, attraverso il punto di vista di chi le ha vissute direttamente in battaglia e nelle trincee. Per prepararsi al meglio, Geoff Tate ha condotto molte ricerche ed interviste con i veterani americani.

Lios V. Kierkegaard
view post Posted on 30/10/2008, 18:17

CITAZIONE (Charles Foster Kane @ 30/10/2008, 16:20)
I Queensryche stanno ultimando il loro nuovo album, intitolato "American Soldier", la cui pubblicazione è prevista per la prossima primavera. L'album sarà un concept, che esplorerà le guerre americane del Novecento, dalla Seconda Guerra Mondiale in poi, attraverso il punto di vista di chi le ha vissute direttamente in battaglia e nelle trincee. Per prepararsi al meglio, Geoff Tate ha condotto molte ricerche ed interviste con i veterani americani.

:woot:

kullthevalusian
view post Posted on 30/10/2008, 20:16

CITAZIONE (Charles Foster Kane @ 30/10/2008, 16:20)
che esplorerà le guerre americane del Novecento, dalla Seconda Guerra Mondiale in poi...

Vabbè, a parte che "American" indicherebbe tutti dai canadesi agli argentini (ma fallo capire agli yankee...), cmq nel 'novecento' hanno fatto anche la Prima!!

Boh, forse Tate non ha mai letto "A Farewell to Arms"??

Kull.

Dario
view post Posted on 30/10/2008, 22:46

Mi fa piacere che continuino a produrre, non ho sentito il disco di cover ma Operation Mindcrime II era simpatico (pur non arrivando alle sublimi vette del primo).
Inoltre il tema che hanno scelto, a parte la grossa inesattezza, è sicuramente interessante, e confido che nelle loro mani non sarà limitato alla solita retorica.

view post Posted on 23/1/2009, 11:39

Group:
Administrator

La data di publicazione di "American Soldier", il nuovo album dei QUEENSRŸCHE, è stata fissata per il 31 marzo su Rhino.

Mr.Scary
view post Posted on 23/1/2009, 18:01

Bella merda senza De garmo.

Mr.Scary
view post Posted on 23/1/2009, 18:33

Penso che The warning in America, fosse uno degli album più influenti di tutti i tempi, dopo i classici dei Priest dei Maiden e dei Sabbath.

51 replies since 15/2/2007, 19:37   345 views